PERFORMING EMBODIED ORALITIES IN THE AMERICAS / PERFORMANCE, ORALIDADES Y CORPORALIDADES EN LAS AMÉRICAS
1. Out of town guests will be staying at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, 310 Donald St. The hotel website is here.
2. The workshop will take place at the Cross Common Room, St. John's College, University of Manitoba. It is about a 30 minute drive from the Alt Hotel to the University. Rides have been arranged for our out of town guests.
3. We are keeping the format open and flexible with the idea of allowing for as much discussion and engagement as possible.
5. We will use translation equipment to ensure simultaneous translation English-Spanish/Spanish-English.
6. On Friday evening, workshop participants are encouraged to explore Winnipeg's Exchange District, just north of the Alt Hotel, where many galleries will be hosting open house events as part of the First Fridays event. The map of venues for this event is located here. Participants may be particularly interested in the opening at Ace Art at 7PM where Mohawk Artist Hannah Claus has a new show. There are also many restaurants in the area.